Sunday, January 9, 2011

Laurel’s Seafood Stew Recipe

 This post was originally published as What to Eat When You’re Sick by Laurel on Health Food blog.

I came down with a little cold the past few days. Ugh. As soon as I got back to NY it hit me hard. At the end of my FL vacation, I was running around between different families, traveling, and then flying back to a drastically different climate. But, after a few days of rest and home cooked meals, I’m on the ups. I spent the little energy I had yesterday making a big seafood stew and raw kale avocado salad. That’s what I do when I’m sick. I make vegetable-heavy soup, sleep as much as possible, and drinks tons of water and tea with honey.
I adapted this seafood stew recipe from Giada De Laurentiis’ Cioppino recipe on the Food Network. I added carrots (for sweetness), coconut milk (to thicken it up), cut out the clams, doubled the shrimp, and used Old Bay seasoning and vegetable stock in place of fish stock. The outcome? Delicious stew that’s nursing me back to health.
Laurel’s Seafood Stew
Seafood Stew

No comments:

Post a Comment