Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Healthy and Fresh Smoothies with Antioxidants

“This post was originally published as Fill Up on Antioxidants with Fresh Smoothies by Laurel on Health Food blog

I try my best to fill up with antioxidant- and nutrient-rich food all year long, but I pay special attention to eating plenty of them during the Winter months when everyone seems to get sick. One of the easiest ways to get your daily dose of antioxidants and nutrients is to blend up fresh smoothies at home.
Recently, the PR team from Tropical Smoothie Café sent me two recipes from their new ‘supercharged’ smoothie line to share with my readers! These smoothies contain antioxidant-packed fruits such as pomegranates, goji berries, and acai berries. I included two smoothie recipes below and my thoughts on each.

Pomegranate Plunge

  • 1 cup pomegranate arils
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 4-5 strawberries, hulled
I made the Pomegranate Plunge last night and decided to leave out the sugar. To me, it was plenty sweet already. But if you like a sweeter taste, turbinado sugar is a less-processed and healthier version of regular white sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment