Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fresh Smoothies: Acai Berry Boost with Antioxidants

“This post was originally published as Fill Up on Antioxidants with Fresh Smoothies by Laurel on Health Food log

I also used frozen strawberries to save a little money (fresh berries are SO EXPENSIVE during the Winter). I did buy a fresh pomegranate because they ARE in season and were on sale. I really enjoyed the tart flavor of this smoothie but it had a lot of seeds from the pomegranate. When I make it again, I might swap out half of the pomegranate airils for fresh pomegranate juice. Great tasting smoothie though.
Acai Berry Boost

  • 1/2 cup acai juice
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 4-5 strawberries, hulled
  • 2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
The Acai Berry Boost smoothie was my favorite of the two. It had a wonderful sweet flavor and a smooth consistency. I used frozen strawberries and blueberries and cut out the turbinado sugar. I will definitely make this one again. Yum!
To learn more about Tropical Smoothie Cafe’s drinks and food, visit TropicalSmoothieCafe.com. I hope you enjoy the smoothie recipes! They’re a great way to stay healthy this season. Just be careful if you’re up north. You don’t want to suck down a cold smoothie right before you head outside into the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment