Monday, December 20, 2010

Upgrade: Scrambled Eggs

I’ve been very active this summer with dance classes and cardio workouts at the gym, so naturally my appetite has increased. Man, sometimes I feel like I’m snacking all day long!
I often have eggs for breakfast because they fill me up and have lots of protein, vitamin D, selenium, and carotenoids (the antioxidants that keep your eyes healthy). Eggs also have a high sulfur content and are rich with other vitamins and minerals which give you strong hair and nails. I swear my nails have been growing so fast lately, and they’re super strong too. Hmm….maybe it’s all the eggs I’ve been eating?!
I wanted to share with you an easy upgrade to basic scrambled eggs. By adding a few ingredients, you can boost the nutritional content in your breakfast and sneak in another serving of vegetables for the day. Plus, these easy additions make the eggs super tasty. read more on Health Food
Scrambled Eggs w/ Onions & Kale
(serves 2)

4 organic eggs (large or extra-large)
3 tbsp. red onion
2 garlic cloves
2 kale leaves
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
Pull the stems off the kale and chop up the leaves into small pieces. Set aside. Finely chop the red onion and garlic. Heat a sauté pan on medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and red onion to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Be careful not to burn. Add the kale to the pan with a splash of water and stir everything together. Beat the eggs together in a bowl and add a little salt and pepper. Turn the heat on the pan down to low, and pour the eggs in. Stir continuously until the eggs are  done, about 1 minute. Serve immediately. Tip: For extra flavor, shake a little hot sauce on top to get your metabolism going for the day. read more on Health Food

No comments:

Post a Comment