Tuesday, December 28, 2010

7 Free Avocado Recipes

Avocados are a staple for me. I use them almost every day in salads, shakes, sandwiches, or to eat plain as a side dish. I love avocados because they’re filling and versatile. Plus they have a wonderfully creamy quality that makes them a perfect substitute for mayonnaise. I love having mashed up avocado spread on a sandwich. Mmm.
Hopefully you’ve heard by now that avocados are super healthy. Yes, they’re high in fat, but it’s the good kind of fat that we need to help our bodies absorb other nutrients. That’s why avocados are the perfect addition for a nutrient-rich salad. Avocados can also improve your skin, lower your blood pressure, reduce your risk of cancer, and boost your HDL (good) cholesterol, to name a few. Click on any of the links above to see research to back up these health claims. read more on Health Food
Here are 7 of my free recipes with avocado. I hope you enjoy them.
  1. Citrus Avocado Salad
  2. Avocado Pineapple Smoothie
  3. Easy Shrimp Tacos
  4. Roasted Chicken & Red Pepper Sandwiches
  5. Sesame Tofu Salad
  6. ETA Breakfast Sandwich
  7. Tomato, Cucumber, Onion, Avocado Salad
Of course, you can always make guacamole. I’ll have to post my guac recipe sometime soon.
Tip! Here’s an easy way to keep your avocados from turning brown when you don’t use the whole thing. I use this exact method to keep my avocados fresh. All you need is a little lemon juice and a plastic bag or plastic wrap. read more on Health Food

No comments:

Post a Comment