Monday, April 18, 2011

Healthy Cookie Gift


This post was originally published as Healthy Holiday Gifts by Laurel on Health Food blog. 
Have you been slacking on your holiday gift shopping? I can’t believe it, but I actually finished shopping early this year. I’m so proud of myself. But, everyone else I know is just getting started. I’ve definitely been there. So, here are a few gift ideas for the health lovers in your life.
  • One Lucky Duck Cookie Gift Set – These delicious cookies are raw, organic, and vegan. Eat set contains 6 Gingerbread Cookies, 6 Chocolate Chip Cookies, 6 Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Cookies, 6 Striped Cinnamon Squares, and 6 Sugar Cookies. Plus, they are handmade and come in a pretty box and bow! Follow @OneLuckyDuck on Twitter so you know when they offer free shipping and discounts. December 15th is last day for guaranteed Christmas delivery.
  • Sweet Snacks Gift Package – Sunfood put together this perfect little gift set for someone who needs healthy treats to bring to work or anywhere on-the-go. It includes raw chocolate, energy bars, lemon cookies, etc. for only $29.99 in a free tote bag.
  • Organic Teas and Teapot – Give someone a variety of teas to start the year off right, and include a new teapot for your friend who is new to tea drinking. I love The Republic of Tea brand of teas and Hues-N-Brews teapots.
  • Royal Riviera Pears – My Mom got a box of these pears one year and I ate the whole box. They were the best pears I’ve ever had. Super juicy and decadent.
  • Vita-Mix Blender – Looking for a high-end gift for someone special? A Vita-Mix blender is the best blender on the market and can make anything from soups to sorbet.
  • Wild Caught Salmon, Blueberries, Dark Chocolate - I had a chance to test the foods from Vital Choice about a month ago at a demonstration here in NYC, and everything was high-quality and fresh. I was really impressed with their products, especially the fresh taste of the salmon. If you’ve got the cash flow to spare, here’s a great gift set you can give to a family.
  • Grill pans or grill baskets – Encourage friends and family to get cooking with a grill pan that goes right on your stovetop or a grill basket that allows you to cook sliced vegetables right on top of a grill without using skewers.
  • Glass Dharma Straw – These durable glass straws are perfect for the person who loves to make homemade smoothies, juices, and shakes. They sell for under $10 and come with a lifetime guarantee. So fabulous and it saves waste on plastic!
  • toLiveby T-shirt – This sweet little t-shirt company uses organic, recycled, and socially responsible materials to make their super soft tees. I have the dark blue “Eat Real Food” t-shirt and it’s a favorite. So soft and I love the v-neck.
  • ThinkFood Cookbook – This cookbook is full of brain healthy recipes from 50 bloggers, including a recipe from me!
I hope you enjoyed these healthy gift ideas (<— see 2008 post at link). Please leave comments if you have other ideas to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment